Polaron | Railway Stations & Transport Hubs
Railway stations vary in size from massive stations in London to smaller regional hubs. Managing them efficiently, especially with the help of simulation, ensures an optimized transport network and a seamless public transport service.
- Railway Stations & Transport Hubs: Rail transport handles a massive volume of passengers. Delays or issues in the railway or external transport network disrupt station operations. Approximately 75% of UK journeys face challenges, which increases to 86% with rail transport. Stations also face safety and security challenges, calls for better efficiency, and increasing responsibilities towards the community and broader customer base.
- Simulation as a solution and automation tool: Polaron offers a simulation tool that provides comprehensive data for stations, from footfall mapping to operational challenges. It can produce real-time simulations, detect issues beforehand, enable collaborative planning, and assess the costs and savings of implementing plans. It also helps in optimizing routes, factoring in dynamic changes, and understanding user preferences.
- Model different types of commuter: Not everyone is a typical working age commuter. Our partners at RASIC have done an amazing job of profiling the 20+ categories of commuter. What works for a teenager, doesn’t work for a single mum with two kids, or what works for someone with reduced mobility. With an ageing transport demographic and increasing changes to patterns of life – the changing demographic is forcing challenges onto the railway that haven’t been seen before.
- Data led but with Human Insight and Input: Modelling allows for the automatic ingestion of data – and it’s transposition into a 3D model. In age of increasing conflicts between sensors, privacy and the cost to run larger networks – being able to fuse data from static sources (turnstiles) and privacy respecting sensors ( E.g. Smart CCTV that’s monitoring for safety issues rather than profiling individuals) having a system that can bring all of this together at an affordable price is paramount.
- Model demand waves: Polaron enables large-scale data modeling to predict demand waves and mitigate possible surges. It considers the relationship of a site to its environment.
- Cost, demand, and heat map modelling: Polaron uses a unique method to create and refine cost maps. It can model different events and scenarios, and combine multiple types of data.
- Up-to-date 3D models: Polaron can update and generate map and 3D data, facilitating the use of various inputs. It helps in simulating and comparing trials against different conditions.
- API gateways and Mobile Access: Polaron integrates with other systems and networks through an API portal. It supports mobile scanning and helps in engaging a broad audience.
- Key technologies driving infrastructure modelling and automation of monitoring:
- Automatic data updates: Automate the ingestion of various data.
- Data Caching: Polaron runs on COTs hardware and offers multiple hosting options.
- Works where you work: Offers browser-based access for multiple users.
- Top performance: Features cutting-edge performance with P2P and federated connections.
- High security: Operates securely within your network.
- Connect to external services: Easily connects with external data stores and services.
- Hybrid or OnPrem: Resilience means ensuring that you can still conduct operations in the face of communications issues and disruption. Running a Hybrid model – with a system OnPrem or via Edge based computing connected to a remote cloud service offers the best of both – and can easily be retrofitted to existing networks and systems.